Monday, April 30, 2012

Jeju Island, Korea 1.0

Finally, like finally, I pick back up the mood to blog about my recent travelings again! This year March, the bf and I made it to Korea! We were leaving on 15th March and the trip was only considered 100% confirmed on on 13rd March all because of the bf's fluctuating schedule. :S But anyway, thanks God we managed to make it.

It was my second time to Korea but first time to Jeju. I used to have the thought that all islands are small and can be done in a day or two but I was so bloody wrong with Jeju. Maybe given another 3 days extra we would complete it but too bad we had only 2 nights there. 




 Upon arrival at Incheon airport, first thing I did was to ditch my pair of boots the bf got for me and bought a new pair of shoes because the boots are hurting my feet badly! I can barely walk maybe because they are new or I don't know. Anyway, got this limited edition Skono at the airport and cost me around 300+ (RM) after conversion. Was a good purchase anyway since it's limited edition? 



Then we took another flight to Jeju. Rushed all the way to Gimpo Airport, I thought Gimpo and Incheon was near but then again, we were wrong. =) It's not like from KLIA - LCCT!! It's like double the distance or more.

We then checked in into our hotel - Little France hotel in Jeju. It was a really comfortable hotel except that the escalator can only fit 2 people at one time. First thing we did upon arrival was to take a quick shower and started to tour around Jeju as we have wasted quite an amount of time transiting here and there. 



The bed size was just nice for the two of us except that we had some blanket fight in the middle of the night and I won!! 




One of the best thing to do during winter would be eating ice cream. Fuh the ice cream was so so as it taste a little bit weird for me. Probably because of the milk the use. The bf had to buy for me because I ordered without even asking him, without a cent and he was giving me a dafuq face LOL.


First destination in Jeju would be visiting Cheongjiyeon Falls which also means as "God Ponds" for the Korean. It was okay for us as we had seen something even more spectacular than this. Entrance was 1000 won and we actually walked there. Took us more than one hour to walk there and I have to do sign language asking for direction along the way.


Jeju, as compared to Seoul, is like a serene village so please do not expect the people their to understand even the simplest english like most of the people in Seoul do. Be prepared to do sign language like a monkey or just get lost and take a taxi and you miss all the nice scenery. 

Anyway, this fall is not my favorite part of this trip yet. 

After getting lost here and there and visited the fall, by the time we left it was already near dinner time. So we walked around hunting for some awarded restaurants serving nice dinner. That's what the bf and I normally do when we go traveling: looking out for awarded restaurants or restaurants with super long queue. 

As we do not understand even a bit of korean, we gave up and gave in to a BBQ black pork shop in Jeju. Turn out, that restaurant was awarded twice by the Korean Government and is damn famous. Omg, how lucky were we. 


The appetizer. Bf is not a big fan of kimchi or rather, he dislikes kimchi. So I finished the kimchi all alone and it was like so super yummy for me. 



The infamous bbq black pork in Jeju. Black porks are from black pig of course. I'm not being racist here but definitely the meat are so much more tender, juicy compared to normal pork.



5 stars ratings for this!


Yours truly in a super packed restaurant



bf's favorite



With the owner of the shop. He thought that we are some stars from Taiwan hahaha and was so happy to take pictures with us. :P



See! The restaurant was small but it serves the best bbq pork ever! Anyone visiting Jeju please find your way there.



The front look of the restaurant, where people are lining up waiting to be seated. 

And as a glutton, I bought this snacks on the way back. Fried sweet rice cake. Best snack in Jeju so far. Yum.



Till my next post. x

No comments: